I’m always reading something…
- I have three bookshelves just on J. R. R. Tolkien.
- I have one bookshelf devoted to Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky.
- I have various volumes of mythology, history, philosophy, and literary criticism.
- Narnia, Hogwarts, and Star Wars have special sections on my shelves.
- I might read Charles Dickens, then switch to Lee Child.
- I’ll read Jane Austen, and follow her with Janet Evanovich.
There’s always a CD in the car because I haven’t bothered to get an iPod…
- I love symphonic music, such as Tchaikovsky and Brahms.
- I own the complete works of the Beatles and Led Zeppelin.
- David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, and Radiohead are comforting.
- The B-52s, No Doubt, Green Day, and Rush pop up a lot.
- The Stray Cats and Brian Setzer Orchestra are fun.
- I must be too old to keep up on anything pop or popular…
If I listed on Facebook all the movies I have watched, it would make the Internet explode…however,
- I own pretty much all of Pixar’s movies.
- I own many of Hayao Miyazaki’s movies.
- I own a few Tim Burton movies.
- I have many different series of fantasy/action/superhero/science fiction series on my shelves.
- I always showed Monty Python’s Life of Brian in my Latin classes.
- I can probably recite all the words to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, if it’s playing in the background…
I’m addicted to television, but I’m picky about it…
- The only reality shows I’ve ever bothered to watch are Project Runway and Top Chef (with all of their spinoffs). However, after ten years, I’m giving them a rest for a while, probably permanently…
- I love wicked animated shows such as South Park, The Simpsons, and Family Guy. I find myself quoting lines from these shows sometimes during my day; fortunately my family also loves these shows, so we understand each other.
- My favorite pundit/commentator is Rachel Maddow.
I love intense dramas, such as:
- Currently, I’m all about Fargo, The Walking Dead, Homeland, and Better Call Saul. I love Game of Thrones and Westworld when I get a free preview of HBO.
- In the past, 24, X-Files, The West Wing, and Fringe took up my time.
- Do I watch Breaking Bad? Of course, bitches!!! I live in Albuquerque!
I think of sitcoms as cozy robes…
- Currently, that only applies to 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, and The Big Bang Theory. I have lately been watching VEEP, Great News, and Young Sheldon.
- In the past, Frasier, Sex and the City, Seinfeld, and Everybody Loves Raymond were (and still are) favorites.
Then I have my ultimate addiction to Star Trek in ALL of its iterations…
- Films and DVDs are enough for me; I have only read a couple of novels based on the franchise, though they were good.
- Favorite captain? Jean-Luc Picard, hands down.
And Harry Potter…
And Star Wars…
And Joss Whedon’s creations…Buffy? Absolutely, yes. Twilight? NO.
What’s pathetic is I have probably left out many items…ah well, perhaps you’ll get a good sense of my personality through this exhaustive list. I’ll update things if anything new and interesting comes along.