Tonight’s final episode of Breaking Bad will most likely leave me traumatized (I hope!). I plan to mix up this luscious turquoise cocktail (totally legal) to help me get through it. The recipe is from Cooking for Halflings & Monsters: 111 Comfy, Cozy Recipes for Fantasy-Loving Souls. Here, it could be renamed “Skyler’s Sweet Solitude” or “Marie’s Murderous Rampage”—we’ll have to wait and see how it all turns out…
- 1 ounce coconut rum (preferred brand is Malibu)
- 1 ounce hazelnut liqueur (Frangelico)
- ½ ounce simple syrup (available in liquor stores)
- ½ ounce vanilla vodka (Absolut)
- ½ ounce blue Curaçao (Hiram Walker)
- ½ ounce half-and-half
- 6 drops orange bitters (preferred brand is Angostura)
- 3 – 4 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a bar shaker container. Shake well and strain into glass. You may serve over a few new ice cubes in a rocks or old-fashioned glass, or straight-up in a martini glass. Serves 1.
I tend to like sweeter drinks; omit the simple syrup, if you like. I’m hoping this will help you cope with with whatever tragedy Vince Gilligan has in mind.